Thursday, August 21, 2014

friday - eve

There's something about this week that is dragging. I'm beyond ready for the weekend!

Lately I've been obsessing over painting my living room white. I've had this idea in the back of my head for awhile now, there is something about a white living room that's so clean and fresh, I love it. I have really high ceilings throughout my apartment along with a large window, so if I decide to go with this colour, the natural light that comes in will compliment the colour really well.

Here are some ideas that I came across. I've pointed out elements that really work well:


I love the vintage pieces in this room, they look great with the white walls & hardwood floor.

The variety of different sized frames & photos is an idea I've always wanted to try in my apartment. When you have white walls, it's always a good idea to have a pop of colour throughout the room. Using different types of artwork is a great way to do so!
 
 
How cool does this deer head look! I think the thing I love most about it is that it's fake! Having a dramatic wall piece that catches your attention immediately is a very cool way to jazz up a room. I love this piece.
  
 
I absolutely love the small tree in this room. I am stealing this idea! That chandelier is also very beautiful. Very simple and clean!

 


Time to start planning! I will post photos once completed, which won't be for a few weeks.

Have a great weekend!

xx Rachel



No comments: